love story

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Girls Disney Trip + Liam

 In March Mike and Dan go to the Mint 400 for a daddy son weekend. I spend the weekend with Liam and this year I decided to take him to Disneyland. I didn't want to go by myself though so I asked my friend Kimberly at work to come with me and then we asked our friend Erin from work to come too. It turned into a fun girls trip to disney with Liam joining us. Liam loved the attention and did really well considering we spent 17 hours in Disneyland on Saturday and then another 9 hours or so in California Adventure on Sunday before drivign home. It was the best trip though! 

We left on Friday right after school. The drive was a little tricky since we had rain and fog through the pass. We got to the hotel though which was right by the park and ordered Red Robin for dinner. We stayed in a suite. The suite had a king bed and a bunk bed. So erin and kim shared while Liam and I slept in the bunk bed. I was worried about sleeping without Mike but luckily I'm usually exhausted at the end of a work day and Saturday night I had no trouble sleeping at all. 


We woke up early to head to Disneyland. It was raining a little (mainly just a misty kind of rain- just enough to get you nice and wet). We started in Tomorrowland with the Buzz Lightyear ride. Then we rode Star Tours which Liam surprisingly liked. Then Kim and Erin rode Space Mountain while Liam and I found Aladdin, got a churro and then started to wait in line for the Storybook boat ride.  We tried to ride Snow White but the ride broke down and Liam wanted a picture in Mr. Toads car and he took one of me too :)
































After that we rode Finding Nemo and for the first time I wasn't the last person into the sub and basically left sitting on the stairs. Liam was so funny and was always choosing who he wanted to sit by. For this ride it was right between Kim and Erin. Then we went to Autopia. Liam wanted to drive with Kim. Riding with Erin was one of the highlights of my day. We laughed the entire time! Then they went to get in line at Haunted Mansion while I went to Maurice's to get my favorite snacks in the park and while I did that I saw Gaston. Liam was a little scared of Haunted Mansion but he did fine once we started looking for the things that make it not real. Then we rode Pooh Bear. 

 
















After Pooh Bear, Liam and I went to find some characters. We found the princesses and then I took Liam to the Boutique to get turned into a knight! After that we joined Kim and Erin at the Millienium Falcon which Liam didn't like but Erin and I were pilots (really bad ones) but again we laughed the entire time. We also walked around Galaxy's Edge and explored a bit. 






















Next we rode the carousel. Then we rode Jungle Cruise and went to the Tiki Room. Liam also got to try a Dole Whip which he really liked. 









We had a yummy dinner at the Red Rose Tavern. The food was delicious! The "green stuff" was especially yummy! Then we spent the rest of the night riding rides. Erin and I rode Thunder Mountain and Pirates while Kim took Liam on Rise of the Resistance. Erin and I accidently went down the lightning lane and got on super quick. Pirates was a really short line too and we basically walked on. Liam had so much fun on Rise that he wanted to ride it again with all of us. We also rode Mr. Toads, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Snow White, Autopia (again) and walked through the castle. 





It was the best day! We were super tired by the end but it was totally worth it!




There's always time for a last castle picture- even at midnight



No comments:

Post a Comment